MMA Betting–What You Should Know Beforehand
Understanding the basics of MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) and learning how to implement those basics are two important steps to be taken before starting to wager bets on actual UFC fights.
https://www.ausvegas.xyz/ – The first and foremost order of business is to become familiar with the different types of bets offered in MMA fights – followed by learning how to spot and take advantage of value. We’re here to help with both.
Most Popular MMA Bets
- Moneyline bets: . The money line bet is dead simple in that it requires of the bettor to pick the fighter most likely to emerge the winner of the fight.
- Round bets: round bets are wagered on how long (as in how long a time) a particular fighter is bound to last in a specific round. From the bettor’s perspective, this entails predicting whether a player will last longer or shorter a time than the odds determined by the bookmaker.
- Method of victory bets: the method of victory is exactly as the name suggests. Examples include:
- Fighter wins by decision.
- Fighter wins by submission.
- Both fighters go the distance.
- Fight ends in a draw.
- Fight award bets: fight awards are handed to players based on their individual performance either in a specific fight, or for the entire year in UFC. The bettor will typically bet on which fighter they think will win a particular type of award. Examples of annual fight awards include Breakthrough Fighter of the Year, Knockout of the Year, Comeback of the Year, Female Fighter of the Year, and the Charles “Mask” Lewis Fighter of the Year.
- Proposition bets: commonly called “prop bets”, proposition bets are placed on a variety of possibilities. Prop bets are great fun and typically lean toward guessing instead of making skilled decisions. Examples of colourful MMA prop bets include betting on the colour of the shorts to be worn by a specific fighter and betting on the coin toss of a fight.
How To Look For Value
Determining the value of any bet all comes down to establishing exactly how much money can be won from a particular bet – as opposed to the odds of a fighter actually winning the fight in question.
Consider the following explanation as a means to an example. In the event that a bettor decides to wager money on a fight featuring an unbeaten fighter vs. a regular fighter, even when betting on a winning “unbeaten fighter” the odds will be considerably lower than the alternative. This is because of an unbeaten fighter representing something very near a sure-fire outcome.
The key to finding value is to sniff out those odds paying good money for reasonably probable outcomes. Finding value in MMA lines is therefore very much a balancing act of sorts. Finding value may seem daunting business to those first starting out betting on UFC fights, but eventually become something of a second nature to those willing to stick at it and put in the necessary time and effort.